The Transnational Institute (TNI) has launched a special blog, “Casino Crash” to provide a space for critical analysis of the financial crisis. TNI has long been warning of the dangers of the financial bubble, featuring articles on the issue and holding a Fellows Meeting titled the “Power of Money” in 2007. The blog hopes to answer some of these core questions:
- What are the real causes of the Wall Street Meltdown?
- What are the implications of the responses led by Paulson, Sarkozy, Brown and other governments worldwide?
- Will bank bailouts resolve the crisis?
- What will be the social and environmental impact of both the credit crunch and the different political responses to the crisis?
- What are the implications of the crisis for neoliberalism or indeed capitalism?
- What alternative solutions are needed to resolve both the immediate crisis and its systemic causes?
The debate will be enriched by your participation, so please visit the blog, leave a comment, link to articles you like and help turn this blog into a key forum for debate and analysis of this critical issue. In the coming week we will be featuring some of the most insightful articles and comments in our regular newsletter.
Join the debate!